LOOK: Heart Evangelista shares photo of ‘making peace’ with her dad

Heart Evangelista has shared a never-before-seen photo with her father on social media. 

The Kapuso fashion darling on Thursday hopped on the “post a pic/vid of” challenge in response to a netizen who asked for a “photo you never posted before”.

In her Instagram story, Heart posted a touching moment where she shared a heartfelt hug with her dad, Reynaldo Ongpauco.

“Making peace with my dad,” she described the photo. 

It can be recalled that Heart had a falling out with her parents, who publicly disapproved of her relationship with then-boyfriend Senator Francis “Chiz” Escudero, in 2013. They also snubbed their wedding day in 2015.

Months after the nuptials, Heart posted a photo of her with her family and Chiz, hinting at their reconciliation. 

“Siguro nung kinasal ako, na-realize nila na okay na ako. I’m a very transparent person. Alam nila kung may problema ako. Nakita nilang masaya ako so tinanggap din nila,” said Heart in a Philstar.com report in July 2015.

This year, Heart recalled her misunderstanding in a father’s day special for softdrink brand, saying: “No’ng nag-away kami, I really felt a void in my life. It was so hard for me because having a solid family really matters to me so when I lost my family, I was lost as a person.”

“We just started out like before, parang I was like a little girl again, we just get each other so much now,” she spoke of the reconciliation.


Post a Comment

0 Comments